Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I am an international student from South Korea.I have been in Canada for two and a half years. I would like to make a lot of friends in college, and most importantly, I would like to perfectly adjust to a Canadian life very soon~.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Schools in Canada and Korea

As I have a life in Canada for two and a half years, sometimes I compare my life in here with my life in Korea. In particular, 'school' is the most interesting thing to compare. When I was a secondary school student, I noticed this - Canadian secondary school students have a more flexible school schedule than students in Korean high school. Although Canadian students only have four courses per semester, Korean high school students have more than 10 courses per semester. In addition, Korean students have to study themselves until 10p.m. after the each school session,  while Canadian students go home after 3 p.m. Also, basic schooling systems in Canada and Korea are totally different. Even though Canadians can choose  electives that they want to take, Koreans have no choice; their electives are selected from their school. Lastly, the most interesting thing that I realized was thought towards the purposes of going to school. In Canada, Canadian students seem to enjoy what they are doing at school because they can make a schedule that fits best for them. However, Korean high school students seem opposite because they have a pretty tough school schedule, and sometimes they get a pressure from their parents and teachers. These are the major things that I can compare schools in Canada and Korea. I hope people who had a high school life in Korea sympathize with my comaprison towards schools in Korea and Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment