Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I am an international student from South Korea.I have been in Canada for two and a half years. I would like to make a lot of friends in college, and most importantly, I would like to perfectly adjust to a Canadian life very soon~.

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Effect Coming to Canada Had on Me

I came to Canada when I was 15 years old, which was the age right after my middle-school graduation. Because I was supposed to survive by myself at Canadian secondary school, I had a hard time with loneliness, English, studying, and Canadian culture. While I was dealing with these difficulties, I realized that my life was not the one that I had in Korea. Although I couldn't make a decision myself easily in Korea, it became better. For instance, when I was in grade 11 & 12, I planned a whole school schedule and which post-secondary institution I had to apply by myself. In Korea, the job I had done in secondary school would be impossible. Also, as I stayed in Canada for two and a half years, I became familiar of how to manage money I got from my parents. Before I came to Canada, I spent my money to buy whatever I wanted to get. However, in Canada, I couldn't spend money freely because I had to think of my parents who have paid my tuition fees, academy fees, and all other living costs. Overall, these two effects of coming to Canada are the most influenced things that affected my life in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment