Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I am an international student from South Korea.I have been in Canada for two and a half years. I would like to make a lot of friends in college, and most importantly, I would like to perfectly adjust to a Canadian life very soon~.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Difficulty I Still Have in Canada.

       Although I've been in Canada for two and a half years, I still have several difficulties for a life in Canada. The most important difficulty, which doesn't get better quickly, for me is English. I would like to share one real story of mine with you.

      As I came to Canada, I was enrolled at secondary school in Coquitlam. Then, because of my low English skills, I had to get in to the lowest ESL class. While I was taking this ESL course, I had to take three elective courses like cooking, PE and art, which didn't require a higher English skill. Even though I had a pretty flexible schedule at secondary school, I had serious language difficulties. For instance, I couldn't get a good mark on a group project because I didn't know how to communicate well with native English speakers. Also, I made a lot of silly mistakes in simple English grammar so that some classmates thought me as a dumb. After that, I tried to learn English effectively since I was in the lowest ESL class at secondary school, and I would still have to deal with English till I finally leave Canada.

       Even though my English skills have been improved much than before I was enrolled at Douglas College, I still feel some difficulties of English because this language is not my first language. As a result of this reason, I always make a mind myself that I have to learn English to have a better life in Canada. 

1 comment:

  1. If you joined us eating on Thurs day night, the difficulties you had would be reduced!

    ReplyDelete