Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I am an international student from South Korea.I have been in Canada for two and a half years. I would like to make a lot of friends in college, and most importantly, I would like to perfectly adjust to a Canadian life very soon~.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Cultural Mysteries in Canada

Now, I have been in Canada for over two and a half years. As I spent two and a half years of my life in Canada, I found some interesting cultural mysteries that I did not have in Korea.

First, when I went shopping first time in Canada, I was so suprised about a variety of clothing sizes. Before I came to Canada, it was really hard to find right clothings for me because most clothings were smaller than what I usually wore. As a result, I had to spend my precious money on clothings that I did not like that much! This was why I impressed that I could buy clothings that I really wanted to purchase.

Second, I noticed in Canada that almost all Canadians say "excuse me" or "sorry" whenever they could collide against other people while walking. In Korea, no one really cared about crashing into someone else, so I thought that this would be similar in Canada. Although I needed some times to be familiar with Canadians' "excuse me" and "sorry" phrases, I would like to use these phrases in Korea some time^.

These cultural mysteries are the major ones that I experienced in Canada. There will be lots of other kinds of cultural mysteries that I cannot realize until now. I hope to know other cultural mysteries that people coming from foreign countries may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment